Summary of qualifications
§ Degrees in Business Administration, Computer Science and Telecommunications
§ Experience in managing staffs ranging from 12 to 250 members
§ Extensive experience in Business and Labor Law
§ Financial statement analysis, both internal and of potential business clients
§ Human Resources and Payroll Management
§ 27 years experience in corporate, public, nonprofit and partnership accounting
§ Asset management (including property management), lease management
§ Preparation and audit of financial statements including detailed analyses
§ Management of accounts payable and accounts receivable
§ Extremely skilled in Excel, Word
§ Web Design
§ Excellent people skills
§ 16 consecutive years of no adjustments from annual audits.
1998-2001 University of Phoenix On line campus
● Bachelor’s Degree
Business Administration (3.88 GPA, Honors Graduate)
1984-1985 Crafton Hills College Yucaipa, CA
§ Associate of Science
1980-1983 San Bernardino Valley College San Bernardino, CA
§ Associate of Arts
2006-present San Lorenzo Consulting Taos, NM
· A fresh and imaginative outlook based on a holistic and comprehensive understanding of a business’s needs.
· Emphasis on local culture, local residents and local businesses.
· Financial Analysis
· Business Management
· Business Planning
· Human Resource Planning & Counseling
· Bookkeeping & Record Keeping
2003-2006 Millicent Rogers Museum Taos, NM
Acting Director, Associate Director, and Financial Manager
● Acted as Director of largest, most prestigious museum in Northern New Mexico, supervised staff, public events, exhibitions, served on Board of Trustees and Board Committees. Worked with a broad variety of ethnic and socioeconomic constituencies to broaden and serve the Museum’s mission.
● Budgeting, financial analysis, resource use allocation, Board relations and management of all financial functions. Human resources, events coordination, oversight of museum store. Non-profit organization.
1990-2002 Redtree Properties, LP Santa Cruz, CA
● Budgeting, financial analysis, loan administration, resource use allocation, partner relations and management of all financial functions for real estate/development firm with approximately $10 million annual budget and $60 million total market value.
1988-1990 VNA of Santa Cruz County Santa Cruz, CA
● Non-profit, supervision of all accounting and accounts receivable staff, Medi-Care and Medi-Cal reporting, managed parent company accounting function along with two subsidiaries.
1980 – 1988 Highland Springs Resort Cherry Valley, CA
§ Managed staff of 250 for 1000 acre luxury resort, accounts receivable, entertainment supervision, facilities management
Carmela Duran, Curator, Millicent Rogers Museum (505) 770-0736
Diane Gorham, Facilities Manager, Redtree Properties (831) 427-1900
Nicki Korjenek, Business Consultant (505) 758-3106
Shelby J Tisdale, Director, Museum of Indian Arts & Culture (505) 476-1250
Christopher Madrid, Enterprise Facilitator, Sirolli Institute (505) 770-0040
To increase and utilize my knowledge of management and accounting functions in a teamwork and goal-oriented environment, preferably in the non-profit sector.
Board member, Sirolli Institute of Taos
Providing personal counseling
Hiking and outdoors
Member of Mensa USA
Creator and Webmaster of Music Reference Website (100,000 visitors annually)
Graphic Design, specializing in album cover creation
Music (both listening and playing)
Direction and production of three music videos in regular rotation on MTV
My family and I have become residents of Taos in order to enjoy the natural beauty, the pace of life, and above all the people. My wife and I were married here and own a home in Taos, and we plan on living here permanently and being a part of the community, and are glad that our plans of the last few years have come to fruition so that we have the opportunity to spend our lives in Taos. We find Taos to be the ideal place for personal and spiritual growth and a life of happiness and fulfillment.